Here are links you should take a look at if you're interested in Quake 2
- DeathEd - http://deathed.stomped.com - The place to go if you
edit with Virtus Deathmatch Maker 2, Hexmaker, or DMM1. I've got some Screencam
tutorials and there are many other tutorials to help you learn DMM2
- Rust - http://www.gamedesign.net
- Without question, one of the best Quake 2 editing sites around. And with
ever-growing support for other games, like Unreal, Sin & Half-Life, it should be a
- I.C.E. (Interactive Computer Entertainment)
- http://www.iiinc.com/ice - Very cool people with
a very cool site. I was invited to speak at one of their LAN Parties about Quake 2
editing and watch them beta test my Sniper Alley level. Without them, the level
wouldn't be half as good as it turned out. And it's the only server that's running
Sniper Alley for DM play.
- RiscChip's Page - http://www.riscchip.com - Creator of the VERY
impressive "What the end is for" SP Quake 2 level! I strongly recommend
that if you like Quake 2, download and play this level.
- Dragon[slo's] Domain - http://www.thegrid.net/dragonslo/ - As
most DMM2 editors will tell you, it's hard to find prefabs because of the .map limitation.
Well, stop whining and visit this site! There are some excellent prefabs and
other DMM2-related stuff.
- The Refabricator - http://www.daark.demon.co.uk - Still don't have
enough DMM2 prefabs? Well, maybe you should head over here - you'll find a bunch of
converted prefabs into .wlb format.
- The World of Havoc - http://members.xoom.com/Falconi - Sgt. Havoc's
very cool Web site with maps, prefabs, and sometimes a contest or something else cool
going on. A cool site to visit if you haven't already!