DeathEd used to be a Virtus Editor-Specific site. However, it seems it
has disappeared, so I've included some of the content that used to be there, including my
To view these tutorials, you'll need the Lotus ScreenCam player from:
- Tutorial 3 - Creating Decals in DMM2
- Want to create something with a different texture on a wall, such as a sign?
Decals are the way to do it in DMM2. Learn how to create them with this ScreenCam
- Tutorial 6 - Creating Spotlights in
DMM2 - Using concepts from the previous 2 light tutorials, this ScreenCam tutorial
shows how to create spotlights in DMM2.
- Tutorial 7 - Creating "Roaming"
Monsters - No sense in having your monsters stand around when you can have them roam
around your level until they see the player. Watch this ScreenCam tutorial to learn
how to accomplish this in DMM2.
- Tutorial 9 - Creating Triggers and
Buttons - Part 1: Creating Triggers - This ScreenCam tutorial shows how to create
triggers in DMM2.
- Tutorial 10 - Creating Rotating Doors
- This tutorial isn't a ScreenCam tutorial, rather it's a text-based tutorial in either
Word97 or HTML format. Useful for learning how to bring together all the elements
needed to create a rotating door in DMM2.
Other DeathEd Stuff You'll Want
- The DMM2.1 Patch - Download (578319 bytes)
- If you download 1 thing off this site, download this file!!! This fixes
many problems with DMM2 and it is assume that you've got this patch installed before
running any of the tutorials or other items from this site.
To use this file, download
this file, place it into your DMM2 directory (typically, c:\Program
Files\Virtus\Deathmatch Maker 2. Then, run the program.
- The R11 DMM2 Entlist File - Download (14113 bytes)
- Also strongly recommended! This is a copy of Melvin Gatchell's entlist.txt file
which includes many more entity properties to help build entities with the proper fields.
- The Hexmaker Entity List Help File - Download (165667 bytes)
you Hexmaker fans, here's the Hexmaker Entity List Help file I created especially for
- Back to my homepage